Here is an actionable list that will help you attract more diners to your restaurant from Instagram:
- Download the Instagram app on your mobile and follow instructions
- Open an Instagram account for your restaurant
- Enter your restaurant opening closing times, address, phone number, website.
- Post amazing food images of your menu, yes you want to wow people, you want them to look at a dish then the image should trigger their craving. Which in return they end up tagging their friends, then making a decision they will come in soon, all the way down to actually coming in and dining at your place.
- Use local hashtags in the comment section like #melbournedining, not #dining, locals are using local hashtags, figure out which hashtags are they using then make it a template for every future post.
- Look up local food accounts on Instagram and interact with their followers, follow them, as their stuff, comment authentic comments on their images. That way you will drive local attention back to your place. From people already raised a hand, they are interested in food.
- Interact with local food bloggers on Instagram and invite them to come in and review your place.
You will be surprised how many food bloggers end up coming in reviewing your place. But first you need to make sure you prepared the environment for this to happen, amazing food, great customer service, and awesome attitude.